Jul 11, 2013

Entry 51: Dead memories

Hello mommy. Hello daddy.

I look so badass in that Remnant armor. It has kind of a weird design, but I got used to it.



I left Rex at the suite and took ED-E with me. Didn't want anything to happen to Rexie, since he wasn't even mine. Veronica, though she bugged me the entire way there that it was a stupid idea, didn't want me to take Lily instead of her. Maybe deep down she liked the challenge too. Or maybe she thinks she's the only one who can keep my crazyness in check. I dunno.

The mere entrance of the place had 5 deathclaws guarding it. Jesus Christ.



I was in pretty bad shape already after the first four deathclaws, who seemed to be waiting for someone to enter the God damned cave. These beast are fucking ruthless, I was probably wearing the toughest armor in the world and those claws still cut through and threw me around.

We found the mother there and ganged up on her. The bitch in the Quarry Junction was tougher, though. She was guarding the eggs so we had what we came in for. Veronica was releaved and told me to get out of there as fast as possible. But I told her I wanted to stay. You see, I'm afraid of these assholes. And what better way to face my fear than to litterally face my fear? Besides, a legend of a deathclaw? I had to check that out.



Wish I didn't. Wish I didn't...

We found him in one of the cave's areas, accompanied by two other deathclaws. Those we were able to lure out of that area and kill them but the other... The Legendary Deathclaw. He was so much bigger than all others. When we got back to the cave area he saw us and ran. Sliced through Veronica's armor like it was made of paper. I hesitated for a moment and he slammed me with his tail, knocking me to the ground, then headed to ED-E, which was shooting at him almost pointlessly. I got back on my feet and grabbed his tail. When his attention got towards me again I quickly picked Oh Baby up of the ground and tripped him, making him fall on his back. Then I climbed on to him and pounded and pounded and pounded and pounded, with all of my strength. He was so big...



I put Veronica on my back and got her out of there, running as fast as I could, trying to ignore fatigue and pain. Then tried to run all the way to Novac, which was like two miles long of a way. You may think it's nothing, but was wearing both power armor AND carrying a girl IN power armor. There I layed her on a table and screamed for the doctor. She was bleeding so much. I took of the armor before the doctor arrived, since she wouldn't know how to. It seemed like an eternity, me waiting for the doctor and looking at a nearly gutted Veronica.

Then she arrived and treated her. Fortunatly she was out more for the shock than the actual wound or pain. Still, it was really messy. I apologised to Veronica. She looked at me and smiled. She knew I don't apologise very often. We stayed for half a day and then she told me she was feeling well to walk.

We went to The Thorn, at her own pace. No rush. Then I talked to Red Lucy, all bloody in my face and armor. She seemed to enjoy the sight. And she enjoyed it even more when I grabbed the eggs and gave them to her. She told me I had become the greatest hunter she had ever seen and gave an unique shotgun she had, Dinner Bell. Then she told me to follow her. Alone. I looked at Veronica, worried. I didn't want to leave her alone. But she looked at me and winked, making a gesture to go on. At the time I didn't realise why she winked.

So innocent, your son.

She took me to a room with a mood light and a queen sized bed. She walked up to the bed and undressed, standing there, bare naked, looking at me with a smile. She layed on the bed and asked me to join her with her finger. I... I didn't know what to do. I know I told you some time ago that I'd be looking for company, but you know damn well that's bullshit. I know I haven't talked about her for a long time, but you know I had the love of my life. I had her, I lost her for years and years, while I roamed the wasteland with you guys and, then, alone, then I had her again and, after our first night finally together, full of love and making up for lost time, I find her laying dead and raped after coming out of scavenging. The bastards who did it, petty raiders, were still there, cocks hanging around. Those were my first kills. Three of them, with my own bare fists, punching all of them with all the anger of the world, tears streaming down my face. I know I hadn't talked about her for a long time, I know. But I... I had to justify this beautiful, beautiful woman laying in a bed waiting for me... And I just said "sorry" and walked away.



She could have been one hell of a lover. Hell, I bet she would be. I just couldn't go on with it. When I left the room Veronica saw my face and asked me what happened, I just told her that we had to get out of that place.

So that's my story for today. I've spoken too much anyway.

Love you,
Bill

PS: I should start writting to her too...

No comments:

Post a Comment